Personal security is a matter of concern for some individuals. Especially those who are working in the government or who are well-known politicians, even those who run criminal enterprises are known to use the high-end armored car.
A good personal security vehicle should have the following features:
- They have to be durable
- They should be discreet – flashy vehicles draw a lot of attention to themselves
- They should be stylish and innovative in terms of features and design
Here are the top 5 armored cars that offer all of the above-listed and so much more.
- Volkswagen Phaeton: while VW is not exactly everyone’s top association when it comes to armored cars, the Phaeton is actually a great buy for personal security. VW has a special division for special projects and the Phaeton is manufactured by this division. It has an armor plate exterior and can be customized internally and externally, quite like the Bentley and Rolls Royce.
- Quattroporte from Maserati: It has bulletproof chassis, and is identical to the standard model so it scores highly on the discreet factor. In the recent past, the Italian government has purchased many of these cars. The car has all the luxury and pizzazz of the Maserati and is incomparable when it comes armored
- RR Phantom Limousine: Over the decades, the Rolls Royce has become something of a myth and legend. The cars are exceptional in their quality and second to none when it comes to getting customized. Very little is none of the features this car offers, except that it is armored. Each vehicle is built to the client’s requirements.
- Range Rover: For regular users, a Range Rover is already a class apart in terms of durability. The V9 armored version has a bullet-proof exterior and can operate even if the car has a flat. It is even equipped with grenade protection, so high-end bullets and the odd grenade won’t hurt the occupants of the car.
- Audi A8 L Security: B7 plating, makes this the best-armored exterior on the road right now. Every possible life threat has been anticipated and has been catered to. To the point that the windshield can be blown open for an emergency evacuation. All of this has combined to make this the top-ranked security vehicle around.